This article will examine the ongoing debate between social media and pay per click: which platform offers greater lead generation opportunities?
Many individuals and companies are struggling to identify an ideal platform for lead generation in their industry or field of business.
Life 4 Leads frequently receives this question and the only real answer lies within itself; however, to increase leads effectively it’s essential that as much publicity is given when looking to increase them.
Table of Contents
What’s The Big Debate with Social Media vs Pay Per Click?
Social media fora such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook can be highly effective tools for companies looking to reach new audiences while building leads and closing sales deals.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing enables businesses to advertise their products via search engines such as Google and Bing as well as social networking platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Each time someone clicks an advertisement displayed by an advertising company, an amount is due from that company for every click made by that user.
What’s the ideal format to generate leads for my business? How are PPC and Social Media faring in that regard?
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing provides numerous advantages when used for lead generation, including:
- Social media are accessible or very cost-effective platforms to utilize.
- Reaching many people quickly and effortlessly is possible when spreading your message.
- Using social media for marketing goals, you can target specific demographics, interests and locations.
- People tend to rely on advice from family and friends over company recommendations.
- Social media offers you an invaluable way to form relationships with potential leads as well as existing customers.
Advantages of Pay Per Click Marketing
PPC marketing offers several distinct advantages over social media marketing, including:
- PPC allows you to target specific keywords, so your ads will reach people who are actively looking for what your services provide.
- Monitor how many people click on your ads, as well as where and how your money is spent on each campaign.
- Your advertisements will appear prominently on both search results pages (SERPs) and related websites.
- PPC advertising permits you to test various versions of your ad to identify the one with the highest number of clicks.
- Pay Per Click allows you to target “buying languages”, so your efforts can focus on those further along your sales funnel and more likely willing to purchase from you.
Which leads are best? Your answer may surprise you.
Social Media Marketing Is An Impulse Buy
Marketing via social media often results in what’s known as an “impulse buy”, in which consumers see an advertisement or post and then decide to purchase what was advertised right then and there.
This holds especially true for items or services considered luxury products or services.
While social media posts can be a valuable way to generate leads quickly, it’s important to remember that not every viewer of these posts will necessarily be interested in your services.
Pay Per Click Targets The Buying Public
PPC ads attract those already intrigued with what you offer.
When a person enters keywords into a search engine, they’re not just gathering information: they’re taking steps toward buying products or services they have their eye on.
PPC marketing is highly efficient – no time or money is wasted advertising to people who do not desire your services.
PPC also enables you to select a “buying language” so that you can direct your spending towards customers further down the sales funnel and possibly be ready to purchase from you.
Products and Services That Work With Impulse Buying on Social Media
Services and products which work effectively with impulse buyers on social media include:
- These items are considered luxury products.
- Low Cost
- Simple to Purchase
Examples of products and services meeting this criteria are:
- Accessories to complete fashion and clothing styles
- Products designed for skincare and cosmetic use.
- Decor and homeware items that can be found during travel.
Products and Services That Work With The Buying Public On Pay Per Click Advertising
PPC excels at providing items and products which:
- More expensive
- Need to be considered more thoroughly before purchasing.
Some services and products that meet this criteria include:
- Financial services
- Other vehicles and cars
- Durable goods
How Social Media Marketing and PPC Work Together
PPC and social media advertising work together most efficiently when combined. Use social media to build brand recognition before employing PPC ads to reach those most likely interested in what you offer.
By employing this double approach, the business can reach the maximum number of leads possible while increasing its current database.
Social media marketing provides a compelling opportunity for lead generation. When marketed correctly, your product or service could become a prime target of those looking for instantaneous purchases.
Your pay-per-click marketing strategy might not be reaching customers who will buy your product based on a random basis, though.
Use both social media marketing and pay-per-click advertisements concurrently to effectively reach people from various states of mind.
Summary: Social Media vs Pay Per Click: Which Is Better For Lead Gen?
“PPC and social media advertising work together most efficiently when combined. Use social media to build brand recognition before employing PPC ads to reach those most likely interested in what you offer.”
By taking this dual approach, your business can gain maximum leads while expanding its database.
Social media marketing provides an outstanding way of lead generation. If done correctly, your product or service could become an attractive offer to those searching for quick buys online.
Your pay-per-click marketing strategy might not target customers who purchase your product randomly.
Use both social media marketing and pay-per-click ads simultaneously in order to effectively reach people from various mental states.
Contact The Experts
Contact Life 4 Leads now for expert digital marketing guidance in harnessing the combined powers of social media and pay-per-click advertising for lasting success in life!
Discover more here: The Secret to Generating Leads With Social Media.